CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Response
August 3, 2021
Clear Title takes the health and wellness of our people, customers and community very seriously. We believe it is important to take preventative actions that help keep our families and customers safe. The following procedures are being implemented effective immediately and until further notice. We also strongly encourage you to follow these protocols at home and share this with customers, family and friends. The purpose of this policy is to keep our employees, customers and the community healthy. We hope these actions will help slow the spread and of the virus.
General Procedures & Precautions:
Anyone entering Clear Title facilities will be required to follow Clear Title’s policies.
- Entrance into our offices is only given to persons that need to be there. This includes employees of Clear Title, any individual(s) who has an appointment to sign closing documents, parties involved in the transaction, and essential service providers.
- Any visitor to our office is required to wear a mask or face covering and adhere to social distancing practices.
- We recommend employees and guests to wash their hands upon entering any Clear Title office. Proper hand washing consists of using soap and water while washing for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Clean all frequently touched surfaces. After any meeting room has been used, carefully wipe down surfaces using an approved sanitation method. Focusing especially on high-touch areas including; tabletops, chairs, chair arm rests, doorknobs, light switches and counter tops.
- We recommend employees to carry hand sanitizer/wash hands after visiting public places or after signings/meetings.
- We strongly recommended employees who have not been vaccinated to wear masks in all public areas of the office.
- Employees should Self Examine prior to coming to work.
- Stay home if you have any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) or have had direct contact with any person displaying symptoms.
- If you have a fever, either perceived or measured, over 100.4 degrees, stay home.
- Notify supervisors immediately if you have any symptoms.
- Employees should cover their mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and immediately discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- In person meetings are NOT required. Employees should refrain from in person meeting unless necessary and only if the employee feels safe in attending the meeting. If an in-person meetings requested by the customer and an employee accepts, then the meeting should take place in a safe setting.
- Signing appointments are limited to only the signer, notary and any other guest that is part of the signing, including agents. Other family members are not permitted to attend signing appointments.
- Do not share pens. Pens are now a one-use item. A new pen should be given to each person at a signing. Individuals can keep the pen or dispose of it after each signing.
- Customers and employees who have not been vaccinated, should wear masks and adhere to social distancing practices. If our customer is wearing a mask, then the employee should wear a mask.
Other Preventative Steps We Are Taking:
- We have given employees the flexibility to work from home if they have children who are out of school, they have family/loved ones who are older or at risk to the virus, or if they just feel safer staying home.
- We are requiring employees that are presenting any symptoms of illness, to stay home.
- We are hiring and contracting additional notaries/signers to expedite and fulfill mobile signing processes or in-office signings. And, we are requiring that these signers follow Clear Title policies and policies of the National Notary Association which includes a health screening application prior to each signing.
- We are implementing clean room policies to ensure a safe environment for customers when signing documents. Including asking customers to bring their own pens or discarding of all pens after use.
- Clear Title Agency of Arizona offers the Zoccam mobile application, enabling real estate agents and buyers to send earnest money checks instantly, securely and at no additional cost.
- We have taken measures to increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection practices at all our branch locations.
- We have distributed hand sanitizer at all our branch locations for our team and our customers to use in office and meeting rooms.
- We are closely monitoring local, state, and national guidance related to virus prevention protocols.
- We are making charitable contributions from every closing to Valleywise Health Foundation to support emergency preparedness, research and medical education programs at Valleywise Health, Arizona’s Public Teaching Health System. We are proud to show our support for the medical professionals on the front line, tirelessly dedicated to the health of our community.
We believe it is our responsibility to take precautions as best we can. We sincerely thank you for following these protocols and doing what you can to ensure that we keep our customers, families, community and ourselves as safe as we can.