On March 23, 2020, Governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order outlining Essential Services for the State of Arizona. According to the order, Clear Title Agency of Arizona is an Essential Service, falling under the umbrella of Financial Institutions. We understand the critical role we play in closing real estate transactions for our customers and we take that responsibility seriously. Currently, we continue to operate using the previously implemented safety policies to conduct business in the safest and most prudent manner possible.
Clear Title has aggressively taken the following precautions to keep our employees and customers safe and slow the spread of COVID-19.
General Procedures & Precautions:
We are limiting entrance into our offices for essential persons only. Currently essential persons include employees of Clear Title and any individual(s) who has an appointment to sign closing documents. All others will be considered non-essential and will be prevented from entering our offices until further notice. All essential persons entering Clear Title facilities will be required to follow Clear Title’s policies and you should inform them of these policies.
- All employees and guests are required to wash their hands upon entering any Clear Title office. This includes but is not limited to coming to work in the morning, returning from lunch or meetings. Proper hand washing consists of using soap and water while washing for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- It is important that employees do not shake hands with others, including customers and vendors. This is a general guideline during most pandemic outbreaks and will be commonly understood by the public.
- When possible, employees should carry hand sanitizer and use it after visiting public places or after signings/meetings. Employees should still wash their hands upon re-entering a Clear Title office even after having used hand sanitizer.
- As we practice social distancing, we ask you to refrain from attending crowded events or areas with 2 or more people. If you do attend an event like this, in a non-hotspot, we expect you to immediately notify your manager. You may be asked to self-quarantine for at least 10 business days (see below).
- We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in the workplace. In addition to the measures listed above, please be mindful of the following:
- Stay home when you are sick, preferably as soon as you start feeling sick.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and immediately discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
Other Preventative Measures We Are Taking:
- We have given employees the flexibility to work from home if they have children who are out of school, they have family/loved ones who are older or at risk to the virus, or if they just feel safer staying home.
- We are requiring employees that are presenting any symptoms of illness, to stay home.
- Working from home or staying home due to illness will not accrue sick time or use of PTO.
- We have hired and contracted additional notaries/signers to expedite and fulfill mobile signing processes or in-office signings. And, we are requiring that these signers follow Clear Title policies and policies of the National Notary Association which includes a health screening application prior to each signing.
- We have implemented clean room policies to ensure a safe environment for customers when signing documents.
- We have asked customers to bring their own pens, or they will be using disposable pens which will be discarded after use.
- Clear Title Agency of Arizona offers amobile application, enabling real estate agents and buyers to send earnest money checks instantly, securely and at no additional cost.
- We have taken measures to increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection practices at all our branch locations.
- We have distributed hand sanitizer at all our branch locations for our team and our customers to use in office and meeting rooms.
- We are closely monitoring local, state, and national guidance related to virus prevention protocols.
- We are making charitable contributions from every closing to Valleywise Health Foundation to support emergency preparedness, research and medical education programs at Valleywise Health, Arizona’s Public Teaching Health System. We are proud to show our support for the medical professionals on the front line, tirelessly dedicated to the health of our community.
While we have not experienced any direct impact from the Coronavirus at this time, we believe it is important to take preventative actions to keep our families and customers safe. We sincerely thank you for following these protocols and doing what you can to ensure that we keep our customers, families, community and ourselves as safe as we can.